Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SoundHound vs. Shazam: Which music identification service should you use?  (Read 434 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 21, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

SoundHound vs. Shazam: Which music identification service should you use?

Which is better: SoundHound or Shazam?

When you're out at a bar or in the car and a song comes on, but you don't know who sings it, where do you turn? This is especially prudent if you happen to love the song and want to have it to listen to all the time.

Shazam gets top billing for music identification services because its developers marketed the hell out of it, and it took off. Have your heard of SoundHound? It's another music identification service that has about half the downloads of Shazam, but it's a diamond in the rough and worth your consideration.

But which one's better? It all depends on what you want it for.

As a pure music identification service

First and foremost, Shazam and SoundHound are there to identify whatever song is playing in your immediate environment. SoundHound is much better at discerning songs, and it does so with the most satisfying flourishes.

When I first downloaded SoundHound years ago, I had a song stuck in my head for days, but I didn't know any...

Source: SoundHound vs. Shazam: Which music identification service should you use?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: