Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed up app installs and iCloud access on your Apple devices!  (Read 379 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 30, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

Speed up app installs and iCloud access on your Apple devices!

How can I more quickly install apps, get iCloud data, and update all of my Apple devices?

Do you have a lot of Apple hardware to maintain? Perhaps you are a small office that manages numerous similar Apple devices? You can speed up the updating of your Macs, the downloading of your apps, and access to your iCloud data while at the same time reducing your internet bandwidth usage by installing the macOS Server Caching Service!

What does the Caching service do?

In my household, we have (in their various forms): 4 iPads, 4 iPhones, 3 AppleTVs, 3 MacBook Pros, 2 MacBook Airs, 1 MacBook, and 1 iMac. That's a lot of downloading to do for iCloud synchronization and system updates across all of those devices. You may have a metered internet package or you might need to make certain your Apple-related downloads don't use up all of the bandwidth.

The Caching service helps by keeping a local network copy of app downloads, system updates, iCloud data, iBooks purchases and the like. Once one ...

Source: Speed up app installs and iCloud access on your Apple devices!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: