Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going digital: How to turn your music, movie, and book atoms into bits!  (Read 314 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 28, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »

Going digital: How to turn your music, movie, and book atoms into bits!

How do you replace all your old physical media — your music, newspapers and magazines, books and comics, movies and TV shows, with shiny, new, space-saving bits? More easily than you might think!

Too. Much. Stuff. That's how I felt. trapped by shelves full of DVDs and Blu-Rays. Piles of magazines and books. Boxes of comics and graphic novels. Stacks of old CDs and cassettes (ask your parents!). And I wanted out. I needed out. Sure, physical objects are magnificent and there's something about the glint of an optical disc, the smell of paper and ink, the crinkle of covers, that's compelling and real in a way no digital content could ever be. But physical objects take up space both physically and mentally, and de-cluttering yourself from them — that can be the best, most liberating feeling of all.

Over the last few years I've been deliberately reducing the amount of stuff I own. This year, I'm moving and that's drastically accelerated the process. There's nothing...

Source: Going digital: How to turn your music, movie, and book atoms into bits!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: