Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How does Instagram's new Focus mode compare to your phone's portrait mode?  (Read 269 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 19, 2018, 04:05:21 pm »

How does Instagram's new Focus mode compare to your phone's portrait mode?

We pitted Instagram's Focus mode against the stock portrait mode on a few popular flagships.

A few days ago, Instagram rolled out a new shooting mode in its Stories camera called Focus, which allows you to take artsy photos of yourself and friends with artificial bokeh and separation from your background. That's right — it's basically portrait mode, and it's rolling out to iPhone and Android users as we speak. But a lot of phones already have portrait mode, so ... what's the difference, and should you ditch your default camera app and start taking photos with Instagram instead?

The answer may depend on what phone you're carrying. I gathered some of the most popular phones I had sitting around the office and took some sample shots to compare the strengths and weaknesses of Instagram Focus. Here's a collection of photos of me looking cold and frustrated at gray skies and flurries in the middle of April, all taken with different phones and shooting modes!

iPhone X

When Instagr...

Source: How does Instagram's new Focus mode compare to your phone's portrait mode?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: