Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get an unsupported HP printer to work on macOS  (Read 274 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 24, 2018, 04:05:20 pm »

How to get an unsupported HP printer to work on macOS

Got a great deal on an HP printer but it's not recognized in macOS? Try this!

During the 2000's and early '10's I worked in various IT departments. I still experience a small shiver down my spine and get a twitch in my eye when reminiscing about my days in corporate IT trying to give various network service support to my macOS clients in a Microsoft Windows-dominated world.

While most services on macOS had analogues for their Windows counterparts, printing on the big copier/printer/scanner machines proved much more tasking. Sure postscript might work depending on the copier (and that thanks was owed to CUPS from the open source world) but for our very few Mac users, printing onto machines designed to only work for Windows clients (our CFO found them to be much cheaper) was quite trying. But we managed it, and that's because regardless of what special features or doodads a printer may have, the underlying mechanism and functions are all the same. It's using this same principle that ...

Source: How to get an unsupported HP printer to work on macOS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: