Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help us with the case of the mysterious ‘Dust Me’ hard drive label (Solved!)  (Read 455 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 08, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »

Help us with the case of the mysterious ‘Dust Me’ hard drive label (Solved!)

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>I’m used to solving mysteries—or at least admitting when I’m licked. Here’s one that I’ve been chewing over for months, and enlisted the help of an old colleague who used to make utility software who was equally stumped. Readers, do you have ideas?</p><p><strong>Update: </strong>See the solution at the bottom. Did you guess what it was?</p><p>Macworld reader Jeff wrote in with a problem his mother was having. From time to time, her external Seagate hard drive that’s used for Time Machine backups has a “Dust Me” label that appears at its top. When she dusts it, she tells her son, it disappears. You can see what’s happening in screen capture below.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3269338/storage/help-us-with-the-case-of-the-mysterious-dust-me-hard-drive-label.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Help us with the case of the mysterious ‘Dust Me’ hard drive label (Solved!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: