Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to master the Octopath Traveler battle system  (Read 282 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 26, 2018, 04:05:21 pm »

How to master the Octopath Traveler battle system

Having trouble with a boss battle in Ocotpath Traveler? Here's everything you need to know about the battle system to beat any battle!

Octopath Traveler has one of the most rewarding and deep battle systems I've had the pleasure of using in a JRPG in quite a while. While it certainly seems simple enough on the surface, there's a lot of quirks and small details about the battle system that game tutorials don't explain.

Don't worry though, I'm here to help. Here's my guide to making the battle system work for you and not against you!

Find enemy vulnerabilities quickly

This may sound like a no-brainer, but it can be a little hard to remember when you're in the middle of a battle. When you attack an opponent with a weapon or magic type that it's vulnerable too, you will weaken its shield. Weaken its shield to zero and you will "break" an enemy causing them to fall out of the turn order of their current turn, lose their next turn, and during that time, become more susceptible to dam...

Source: How to master the Octopath Traveler battle system
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: