Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you need Facebook but not your data leaked, you can remove your info!  (Read 223 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 15, 2018, 04:05:20 pm »

If you need Facebook but not your data leaked, you can remove your info!

If you can't quit Facebook but want to limit your data sharing, removing information is your next best bet.

I hadn't used any of my accounts for months, my data was just hanging out there with no real purpose. One day, I finally decided the time had come to get rid of my old posts and photos.

You may be asking yourself, "why bother keeping my accounts at all?" A totally valid question. For me, it was half nostalgia and half "I may need this stuff again one day." Plus, I use Facebook Messenger a decent amount and didn't want to start fresh on that end. But sure, if you're going all-in, just delete your accounts outright and you'll be good to go.

Bye Bye Data

Twitter proved to be super easy using Cardigan. A few quick clicks and all of my 20k+ Tweets went to the wind.

Facebook, on the other hand, was more of an undertaking than I had anticipated. Believe it or not, Facebook doesn't easily let you erase things like posts, tags and photos — so you have to get a bit creative.

Source: If you need Facebook but not your data leaked, you can remove your info!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: