Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The odd case of ‘I D.o.n.t.’ autocorrection in iOS  (Read 417 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 14, 2019, 04:05:15 pm »

The odd case of ‘I D.o.n.t.’ autocorrection in iOS

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>The phrase sui generis just means, roughly, “in a class by itself.” It’s often used in a positive way to describe a person. “Marie Curie was sui generis: a chemist of outstanding and unique ability.”</p><p>For technical issues, it’s rarely desirable to be one of a kind. Or even two.</p><p>One Macworld reader and another person <a href="https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/i-dont-autocorrect-to-i-d-o-n-t.2174907/" rel="nofollow">who posted to a website’s forums[/url] appear to be alone in the world in at least asking for help with a problem: when they type “I don’t” in iOS, the autocorrect algorithm drops in “I D.o.n.t.”</p><p>Neither of them has ever typed that. Neither has a text substitution set for this in Settings &gt; General &gt; Keyboards &gt; Text Replacements. Both have tried everything listed in a previous Mac 911 column, “How to fix autocorrect in iOS.”</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3386998/the-odd-case-of-i-dont-autocorrection-in-ios.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The odd case of ‘I D.o.n.t.’ autocorrection in iOS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: