Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a need for antivirus for mac osx?  (Read 11557 times)
yashrg

« on: February 02, 2007, 08:33:25 am »

I am a first time user of apple product and I`ve heard thats is very secure. but seeing a security section made me think. I don't even know if any antivirus for mac exists. how important is an antivirus for mac and how will it affect my system performance?
klepto

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 06:50:27 pm »

You don't need one, no. Just be careful of what you download and execute, enable file extensions and you should be fine.
bluesky

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 04:15:30 am »

Hallo...
Re: Is there a need for antivirus for mac osx?

I think there's still no virus in Mac OSX 10...
but you must be carefull..there're threats...
vectormodeling

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 11:45:57 pm »

i think we're coming to the end of that period though when mac users never need to worry about virus and such. a tearful goodbye to the days of ppc.
turbo50t

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 08:40:36 pm »

Has nothing whatsoever to do with being PPC or Intel, it has to do with people wanting to write viruses for OS X.  It is just as easy to write a virus for OS X as it is to write one for Windows or Linux.  If you don't think so send me your email address and I will send you a virus for your Tiger, Leopard or Linux box.
pretorian

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 03:31:45 pm »

it is easy to explain guys why MAC users don't have to have an antiv. There are less Mac-users and so much Windows-users so.... if you are a cracker who releases viruses for which one of these two OS's you going to write a virus???

Windows.
kvhunt

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:32:41 am »

There is a great little anti virus program for max os x called clamxav and it's a free download. It even scans email. Just google it and you shouldn't have any problem finding it. I run it on mine just for the email scanning cause you never know what someone's gonna forward to you.
johnw2738

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 04:24:20 pm »

Thanks KV hunt your advice was really good.
lndjfc

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 06:09:05 am »

To the women buy a Tights Leggings consideration main factor is put on the leggings can lose weight or not. At present there are many leggings brand and a variety of styles, how to choose a suitable leggings is a difficult thingfor many women. Advice is: choose those international well-known brand of Leggings. at least they have quality guarantee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: