Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's a shortcut to launch you right into your Netflix favorites!  (Read 273 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 18, 2020, 04:05:20 pm »

Here's a shortcut to launch you right into your Netflix favorites!

Use a shortcut to quickly open your favorite TV shows and movies.

Shortcuts has proven to be an excellent tool for productivity and everyday tasks, but what about entertainment? When I sit back and relax in the evenings with my iPad, I often find myself wanting to binge a few episodes of a favorite show, or put on a favorite movie. The Shortcuts app helps me work and take care of life's little tasks — can it entertain me, too?

Turns out, yes, it can. There are several ways you can use Shortcuts for everything from playing music to jumping to your favorite TV show on Netflix. We'll be focusing on the latter ability in this guide by building a media launcher.

Inspired by the work of Federico Viticci of MacStories and his Apple TV+ Launcher, I've created a couple of similar shortcuts that I find particularly useful when I want to watch a particular favorite show or movie. These shortcuts utilize the Dictionary action in Shortcuts, as well as a few other scripting capabilities.

Wh...

Source: Here's a shortcut to launch you right into your Netflix favorites!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: