Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shortcuts and automations make AirPods switching easy  (Read 292 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 24, 2020, 04:05:21 pm »

Shortcuts and automations make AirPods switching easy

Make switching your AirPods between devices easy with a little help from Shortcuts.

AirPods are great, but if there's one thing about them that's still annoying for me, it's switching them to another device. It may be easier than switching Bluetooth headphones that don't benefit from Apple's W1 or H1 chip, but I still find it tedious, and for many people that don't like to bother with or are sometimes puzzled by things like Control Center or the Bluetooth section of Settings, it can be downright confusing.

But Shortcuts can make the whole process much easier. Shortcut automations can make it practically thoughtless. You can use the Shortcuts app to automatically connect your device to your AirPods when you activate a certain trigger, or quickly create a button that will just connect to your AirPods when pressed.

As suggested by u/Aarondo99 on Reddit, you can set up your automation to trigger when you open certain apps, or even when you scan an NFC tag or sticker. While I'll always...

Source: Shortcuts and automations make AirPods switching easy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: