Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Those "Hello, I'm a Mac" commercials helped shape Apple as a company  (Read 278 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 08, 2020, 04:05:26 pm »

Those "Hello, I'm a Mac" commercials helped shape Apple as a company

In the mid-2000s, Mac sales had dropped, so Apple decided to show people a softer, more human side of the Mac and it paid off big time.

Advertising is often seen these days as annoying. From skipping ads on YouTube videos, walking away from the TV when the commercials run, or paying an app developer to remove ads from an app, we love to have ways to ignore advertising. Yet, we haven't seen the ad industry come to a grinding halt — ads are still everywhere and constantly bombarded us with marketing tactics. Why? Plain and simple, advertising works.

In 2005, Apple's Mac sales were decreasing, and the company set out to change that with a brand-new ad campaign, titled Get a Mac. Not only was this campaign widely perceived as a success, but nearly 10 years after the campaign finished, it is still recognizable to a lot of people.

Four powerful words: Hello, I'm a Mac

In May of 2006, the very first batch of commercials for the Get a Mac campaign were released, and they were pretty di...

Source: Those "Hello, I'm a Mac" commercials helped shape Apple as a company
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: