Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: xCloud on iPad is my dream come true, but it's only just a start  (Read 434 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 14, 2020, 04:05:21 pm »

xCloud on iPad is my dream come true, but it's only just a start

I've been chomping at the bit to get xCloud on my iPad Pro, but it still has a lot of room to grow.

Ever since it was announced, I've been excited about the promise of Xbox's Project xCloud game streaming platform. I made the switch from a primarily PC gamer to Xbox around 2014, and the idea of tapping into my lengthy backlog no matter where I am is tantalizing. However, even as Microsoft began testing xCloud on Android in 2019, I was left wanting for what I see as my perfect xCloud platform: iPad.

This week, my wish was granted: Microsoft began accepting iOS testers for xCloud. There are a fair few caveats with the start of testing on iPhone and iPad, however. The biggest glaring issue is that, at least for now, there's only one game available — Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

Microsoft says this limitation is due to an App Store policy, which makes sense; Apple is notoriously finicky with its App Store rules. Unlike on Android, the iOS preview is strictly limited to 10,000 ...

Source: xCloud on iPad is my dream come true, but it's only just a start
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: