Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo needs to do something about the racism in Pokémon HOME  (Read 335 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 19, 2020, 04:05:19 pm »

Nintendo needs to do something about the racism in Pokémon HOME

This is the last thing anyone needs to see but we live in the bad place so of course it's happening.

Pokémon HOME has been out for less than a week and it's already turned into a garbage fire. No, not because people were asking for mythical Pokémon that couldn't be traded (and has since been patched) — it's because people are now naming their Pokémon after racial slurs. Because the world is awful.

One quick look on the global trading system (GTS) after searching for "Greninja" shows us three named after the n-word, presumably because it's shiny form is black instead of blue. I've also seen what I presume is the same person trying to trade similarly-named Greninja yesterday. I've attached an image of the aforementioned Pokémon, but censored the names.

It's difficult to tell how prevalent this issue is when millions of trades have taken place. Pokémon are listed on GTS practically every second, and it's impossible for a single person to catalogue them all. I haven't seen an...

Source: Nintendo needs to do something about the racism in Pokémon HOME
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: