Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Linksys WUSB600n  (Read 3884 times)
notbillcosby

« on: December 12, 2010, 12:38:10 am »

I've posted this same message in other forums with no reply. Trying my luck with Hackintosh!

I have a Linksys WUSB600n wireless adapter that I'd like to use in OS X. There aren't drivers available straight from Linksys, but the adapter's chipset has drivers available that work, and with a little fine tuning, the adapter can work in OSX.

I followed the directions given here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t131932.html . Has anyone else done this, and would they be able to provide me with some help? No one at the Insanely Mac forums responds to my posts!

As I posted there:
I have a v2 dongle. Downloaded the drivers off the Ralink site. Edited the line in the .plist file to read "121" instead of "112" or "113" or whichever one was there to begin with. Ran KextUtility, rebooted, tried all the terminal commands listed originally, rebooted, and any combination of these... what happens?

I plug in the dongle. Blue LED lights on the dongle. Ralink wireless utility pops up immediately, says, "No Device!!" which, after a couple seconds, turns to "Disconnected" and the program closes.

In my Network control panel, it shows a USB ethernet device (en2) and says that a cable is unplugged from it.

In System Profiler, when looking at the USB page, the computer CORRECTLY IDENTIFIES THE ADAPTER! It even knows it's the v2 adapter. The computer knows it's there... what do I need to change in my network settings to make this work? Any help would be HUGELY APPRECIATED!
notbillcosby

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 03:30:09 am »

bump!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: