Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yes, I did buy 30 Happy Meals in order to catch 'em all!  (Read 204 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 11, 2021, 04:05:17 pm »

Yes, I did buy 30 Happy Meals in order to catch 'em all!

A story of my descent into Pokémon-induced madness.

I never thought I'd end up spending over $100 at a McDonald's in one trip. I'm not a huge fan of burgers and I'm pretty sure the last time I ate at McDonald's was over a decade ago. But purchasing over two dozen meals from a McDonald's in one trip is just the kind of wild thinking Pokémon can instill in you as an adult in 2021.

You see, yesterday I learned that McDonald's is doing a special Happy Meal promotion to celebrate Pokémon's 25th Anniversary with special edition Pokémon trading cards. There are 25 cards total (I see what you did there Pokémon Company), one for each of the starters from all eight generations — with your token Pikachu thrown in there for good measure. There's also the possibility for each of those 25 cards to have a holographic picture, which means that if someone wanted to catch 'em all, they'd be after 50 distinct cards.

Each Happy Meal pack comes with four cards, with the first one being holograp...

Source: Yes, I did buy 30 Happy Meals in order to catch 'em all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: