Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Apple Arcade's The Oregon Trail takes a classic and makes it fresh  (Read 126 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 17, 2021, 04:05:19 pm »

Review: Apple Arcade's The Oregon Trail takes a classic and makes it fresh

The Oregon Trail on Apple Arcade offers a fresh take on a classic. Filled with small but important decisions, the game offers plenty of fun.

The Oregon Trail was originally a 1971 text-based strategy game that some people can likely remember playing on their Apple II — feel old yet? Well, the good news is you don't have to. In the last few weeks, Apple Arcade got an influx of new games added to the service, with a few classic games that getting the modern age treatment — The Oregon Trail was among them.

Even if you haven't played the original game — I never did — The Oregon Trail offers a ton of fun. Every decision, no matter how small, can affect what happens to your wagon and intrepid travelers. It's this tense push-your-luck element to the game that kept me coming back for more, even though after a while, the gameplay did get a tad repetitive.

The Oregon Trail review:

What I like
What I don't like
Should you play?

The Oregon Trail

Source: Review: Apple Arcade's The Oregon Trail takes a classic and makes it fresh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: