Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple fixed its macOS Monterey Safari mistake and deserves credit for that  (Read 138 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 16, 2021, 04:05:18 pm »

Apple fixed its macOS Monterey Safari mistake and deserves credit for that

Yesterday, Apple released the third developer beta of macOS Monterey. Normally, that wouldn't be that big of a deal, but this time was different. That's because Apple fixed Monterey's Safari tab problem — and it should be given credit for that.

I've been vocal about the problems macOS Monterey's Safari redesign caused. I hated the way Safari worked in developer betas 1 and 2 and I know I wasn't alone. But with the arrival of beta 3, Apple has changed the way Safari handles tabs, moving them below the address bar while still managing to retain some of the overall look it tried to create the first two times out. It looks good, too. Really good.

And more importantly, it works.

I tweeted this morning that it took just a couple of hours to feel right back at home after installing developer beta 3. You'd be amazed how much more comfortable I am doing all the most basic things we do with tabs in a modern browser. Opening new ones, closing some, rearranging others. Moving them from one ...

Source: Apple fixed its macOS Monterey Safari mistake and deserves credit for that
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: