Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The more Twitter changes, the more difficult it is to use third-party apps  (Read 189 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 31, 2021, 04:05:19 pm »

The more Twitter changes, the more difficult it is to use third-party apps

According to my Twitter profile, I joined the social network in April of 2008. That's more than 13 years ago. And for those 13 years, I've been using a variety of third-party apps. Tweetie started it all. Then Tweetbot. I've used others like Aviary and Twitteriffic, too. But never the official Twitter app. Not for any length of time.

That's going to change sooner rather than later, whether I want it to or not.

Over the years we've seen Twitter do its best to kill third-party Twitter apps. We've seen it backtrack as well, giving developers access to an improved API. Tweetbot 6 — one of the best iPhone apps around — uses that API and just so happens to be my Twitter app of choice. But it isn't enough.

Over the last few months, we've seen Twitter on a roll, announcing — and having people find — new features and changes to the platform. Super Follows are one example. It's now testing some sort of dislike button, too. Twitter is making it easier to avoid people in your mentions...

Source: The more Twitter changes, the more difficult it is to use third-party apps
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: