Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple used intimidation and 'a lot of money' to kill Georgia App Store bill  (Read 154 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 21, 2021, 04:05:19 pm »

Apple used intimidation and 'a lot of money' to kill Georgia App Store bill

"They've thrown those dollars around, people have seen that and I think legislators are running a little scared and saying, 'I'm not touching this, I'm not going to put my fingers in this because it could be a negative impact on me in the future"

What you need to know

An app store bill sponsor says Apple used intimidation and "a lot of money" to kill her legislation.
Rep. Regina Cobb says that Apple used aggressive lobbying tactics to stop the legislation.
A new report claims Apple hired five lobbyists in Georgia who threatened that Apple would pull out of two economic projects in the state.

A new report into the defeat of an app store bill aimed at Apple in Georgia claims the company used intimidation and "a lot of money" to torpedo the legislation.

Politico writes:

When Apple wanted to kill off two bills in Georgia this year, it rushed lobbyists to the state legislature, threatened to abandon key economic projects and persuaded the state attorney general to push for an ...

Source: Apple used intimidation and 'a lot of money' to kill Georgia App Store bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: