Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone 13's Apple Watch unlocking bug shouldn't exist, but Apple's on it  (Read 131 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 29, 2021, 04:05:24 pm »

iPhone 13's Apple Watch unlocking bug shouldn't exist, but Apple's on it

If there's one thing that can take the shine off getting a new toy — I mean super important business phone — it's having features that did work before, not work anymore. That's the situation Apple created with the infamous bug that causes iPhone 13 to not be unlocked by Apple Watches. And it's a doozy.

Quite what Apple broke isn't clear, nor is it obvious why some people seem to be able to do the thing just fine. But plenty of people, including yours truly, haven't had their Apple Watch unlock their iPhone since Friday — and it's surprising how much I miss that feature when walking around a store while wearing a mask. Of course, if Apple had put Touch ID into this thing it wouldn't matter — but that's a conversation for another time.

This is, undoubtedly, a bug that shouldn't have found its way into a shipping iPhone or iOS 15, whichever is causing the problem. I didn't see any reports of this happening during the iOS 15 beta program and as far as I can tell, it's a problem...

Source: iPhone 13's Apple Watch unlocking bug shouldn't exist, but Apple's on it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: