Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple outlines Find My & AirTag changes to help prevent stalking  (Read 133 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 11, 2022, 04:05:16 pm »

Apple outlines Find My & AirTag changes to help prevent stalking

What you need to know

Apple has outlined changes to its Find My network in the face of ongoing privacy concerns.
Changes are being made to AirTag to help people find them more easily when potentially being stalked.
Apple has already provided Apple ID information to law enforcement to identify possible stalkers.

Apple says it's already helped law enforcement identify people misusing AirTags.

Apple has today shared details about changes it is making to the Find My network as well as its AirTag trackers in an attempt to help allay privacy and safety fears.

Following a number of reports pointing to AirTag item trackers being used to stalk people, Apple says that it has been working with law enforcement to identify areas that it can improve. The company also says that it has already helped identify people that have been misusing AirTags with each tracker being attached to an Apple ID.

Every AirTag has a unique serial number, and paired AirTags are associated with an Apple ID. Ap...

Source: Apple outlines Find My & AirTag changes to help prevent stalking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: