Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laptop-like windowing could be coming to iPadOS, and I'm all for it  (Read 170 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 17, 2022, 04:05:17 pm »

Laptop-like windowing could be coming to iPadOS, and I'm all for it

A special laptop-like multitasking mode for keyboard and trackpad users could strike the right balance on iPadOS.

Apple's iPad models are incredibly powerful, so much so that it often feels like the software is holding back the hardware — and that's especially true with desktop-class chips now powering several iPad models.

For iPad power users, one of the main frustrations with using their devices each day is the lack of true multi-window multitasking, but that could be about to change if the latest rumor is to be believed.

Apple is developing a smart system for iPadOS. Apps will continue to open full screen but automatically shrink when connected to keyboard and trackpad. Internally it is called Apple Mixer.  We don’t know if it will be included in iPadOS 16 or not, It should be M1  iPad exclusive. pic.twitter.com/1WfMj5TGue— Majin Bu (@MajinBuOfficial) March 15, 2022

Over on Twitter, self-professed researcher Majin Bu claims that "Apple is developing a smart system for ...

Source: Laptop-like windowing could be coming to iPadOS, and I'm all for it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: