Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO, Will Stay On As Chairman, Tim Cook New CEO  (Read 465 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 24, 2011, 11:00:21 pm »

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO, Will Stay On As Chairman, Tim Cook New CEO

Steve Jobs has resigned as CEO of Apple in a letter to Apple's Board of Directors, and will stay on as Chairman of the Board. As expected, Tim Cook will be the new CEO.

Steve has been on his third medical leave of absence since January of this year.

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• 'The 9/11 Memorial: Past, Present and Future' App to be iPad Exclusive
• Autodesk Introduces Motion FX, Real-Time Video Effects App
• Apple Releases Boot Camp Software Update 3.3 for Windows
• Work on Apple's iPhone 5 Ads Reportedly Set to Wrap in Early October
• Apple and China Telecom Still in iPhone Talks

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-as-apple-ceo/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: