Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Considering a build, need AMD info...  (Read 3811 times)
paraplegicpanda

« on: July 14, 2009, 05:42:22 pm »

I am lazy, therefore after getting no worthwhile results from the first pages of this forum, nor that of Google, nor that of the search function, I finally voted to ask.

I have been searching for info on building a Hackintosh with an AMD processor and while I have found plenty of websites stating that it CAN be done, I have yet to find anything stating HOW. Many mentions have been made about special drivers and the like and I am looking to find out if the processor sitting on my shelf collecting dust will be capable of running a Hackintosh...

It is an 2.7GHz Dual-Core AMD Athlon X2 5200, 1MB L2 Cache and Socket AM2. I need to know if this guy can run OS X, and if so, how do I do it?

I am also looking for a worthwhile motherboard in which to implant it... Obviously it has to be Socket AM2, and I would prefer it to be able to support 4GB of RAM. My only feasible option so far seems to be this fella: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131324
He's approved (kinda) on the OS X 86 Wiki here.

Once I've got this figured out I believe I can handle the video card and disc drive selection myself. I have been wondering if there is any kind of discrepancy with hard drives and RAM, i.e. do I need to look for an OS X compatible hard drive and RAM or will any old hard drive or RAM stick do? From what I've gathered so far I should be fine with most of the gear I've got right now, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I much appreciate any help that may be offered and I would like to say thanks in advance....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: