Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEHALEM HACKINTOSH SYSTEM BUILD  (Read 7158 times)
cssmith

« on: July 25, 2009, 06:49:27 am »

Guys,

I want to build exactly what apple sells their brand new mac pro's but build one cheaper. anyone got proven system specs for the 4 or 8 core nehalem system? full detail and system walkthroough  build is much appreciated.
Troutmagnet

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 03:52:26 pm »

Yeah, this is driving me nuts.

The recommendation is to grab a Socket 775 Gigabyte P35-series motherboard, but people neglect to realize that you can't seem to buy the damn things ANYWHERE these days... Newegg, Tigerdirect, and so many others no longer carry this MB. The nicest thing about the GA-P35-DS4 and its ilk was that everything bar audio-out worked right out of the box with a standard x86 install. The audio hack was easy too.

What we need is a list of acceptable components, and variations that work using current stock. Does anyone know of a list like this?

Gigabyte seem to have moved to the EP 43-45 range of motherboards. Does anyone know if these are also just as compatible? They're still Socket 775 MBs, but each machine in the line now support either Intel P43 or Intel P45 chipsets. Does anyone know what the difference is between these and the P35 series?

The only useful system setup that I've seen online is this:
http://www.osx86install.com/install-osx86.html
wpnelson

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 10:03:47 pm »

EP45 works great including audio
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: