Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Still waiting for root device"  (Read 4585 times)
TheBlackSnake

« on: May 12, 2012, 03:11:42 pm »

Hi all,

I have tried many MacForPC distributions like iDeneb, iAtkos, Leohazard but noone even booted. Always a kernel panic.
Now I downloaded Lion 10.7.3 v2 by Niresh12495.The DVD booted normally. The installation failed but when I rebooted I could run mac normally. Then I shut down my "mac". I couldn't make mac load again except if I typed -x -v before boot. I found the error that had made the installation to fail (it was an additionall audio driver) and reinstalled without it. The installation completed successfully but now I can't load mac. I booted in verbose mode ( -v ) and I saw that it writes, after short perioads of time, this line again and again: "Still waiting for root device". I think it's bluetooth's problem beacuse six lines up I see "

[OBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

". Does anybody knows how to fix that ? Any help really apreciated!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:47:10 pm by TheBlackSnake » Logged
StrikerASD

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 10:17:25 pm »

I was having the same issue. But solution might be simple. OS X use of AHCI intead of IDE in SATA interface. So all you need to do is to change SATA setting from IDE to AHCI in your motherboard BIOS. But beware that if you have Windows installed, you need to change two things in registry before changing from IDE to AHCI. I have the same problem with my hackintosh. But i think that his solution is the best way to past this problem. I don't know where you will find this option in your BIOS, but it is there. If you have Windows, write in search engine on your web browser something like that for example: IDE to AHCI Windows 7. It is better if you will have a link to Microsoft site for solution which option to change to get Windows working under AHCI. That's it. You have AHCI, then OS X should locate your HDD. But be aware that you must have SATA drive. OS X doesn't support such old techs like PATA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: