Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phil Schiller Says iPhone 5 Scratching 'Normal' for Any Aluminum Product  (Read 347 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 25, 2012, 07:00:32 pm »

Phil Schiller Says iPhone 5 Scratching 'Normal' for Any Aluminum Product

9to5Mac reports that one of its readers emailed Apple's marketing chief Phil Schiller regarding scratching of the iPhone 5, an issue that we documented on launch day.  The issue is most visible on the black models due to the anodized slate color scratching off to reveal the silver color underneath.  According to Schiller, such scratching is "normal" with use.Q: I love my Black & Slate iPhone 5, but I've been seeing some scuffs, scratches and marks throughout the band around the phone along with many others. What should we all do? Any plans to fix this?

Schiller: Any aluminum product may scratch or chip with use, exposing its natural silver color. That is normal.

Intentionally scratched black iPhone 5 showing silver color underneath

Not only are users experiencing scratching on their iPhone 5 bodies with normal use, but a number of complaints have surfaced regarding units being scratched right out of the box.  According to a a thread in our forums, several readers have reprted scratching or scuffing out of the box before the device had even been handled.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Sparrow Getting iPhone 5 Support 'Soon'
• Siri Delivering Incorrect Weather Forecasts For Common City Names
• iPhone 5 vs iPhone 4S Video Comparison
• iPhone 5 Rear Case Scratch Test Video
• How the iPhone 4 Displays Map Directions in iOS 6

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/25/phil-schiller-says-iphone-5-scratching-normal-for-any-aluminum-product/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: