Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iTunes playlists, tags, and track durations  (Read 389 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 31, 2012, 07:01:04 pm »

iTunes playlists, tags, and track durations

In the last Ask the iTunes Guy column of the year, I look at playlist views, a quick way to make playlists from folders of songs, adding tags to your tracks, and how to see the duration of selected tracks in iTunes 11.

Q: I use playlists to sort classical music and when I click a playlist, I like to see its albums in Grid View. I could manually click through dozens of playlists and turn on that view for each one, but is there a way to turn this view on, all at once, for all my playlists?

Unfortunately, no. iTunes assumes that you want playlists in List view, so you can see individual tracks. In addition, your playlists are at the left of the window, and the View button at the right, so if you have a big screen, you’ll be mousing a lot to change it. I’d recommend making the iTunes window as small as possible to still show playlists and the View button, then going through all your playlists and changing views.

For more information on the changes to iTunes’ views, see “Understanding the new views in iTunes 11”.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2023478/itunes-playlists-tags-and-track-durations.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: