Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagining an Apple television  (Read 430 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 03, 2013, 07:01:01 pm »

Imagining an Apple television

Rumors that Apple is working on some sort of television set never seem to die down. Speculation on this subject has abounded for years—including the occasional article here at Macworld—fueled most recently by Walter Isaacson’s biography of Steve Jobs and noncommittally confirmed by his successor in an interview with NBC’s Brian Williams.

There is, of course, no knowing if an Apple-branded TV set is really coming. The folks from Cupertino have shown that they are nothing if not unpredictable, forcing pundits left and right to speculate and then harriedly explain how the company’s moves really make sense with the benefit of hindsight.

Speculation aside, however, sitting on the couch to watch a show reminds me constantly of how much room for improvement there is in the way we currently consume television, starting from the way devices talk to each other.

The digital hub

My living room is, in many ways, typical of most North American households: We own a couch, a TV set (in my case, a 55-inch 2009 Sony Bravia LED flatscreen) and a digital Dolby 5.1 surround system.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2023257/imagining-an-apple-television.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: