Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy usage stats from Ngmoco  (Read 780 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 17, 2010, 07:00:12 pm »

Crazy usage stats from Ngmoco

Filed under: GamingAh, ngmoco. You wacky purveyors of "freemium" games. I love you so. If you have any doubts, check out my account. Oh yes. See? I'm there. Playing two different versions of We Rule on my phone, and a version on the iPad. Don't even get me started on the Godfinger! Good heavens.

Turns out I'm not the only one on the verge of needing an intervention. According to Neil Young, CEO of ngmoco, they are up to thirty MILLION minutes of playing time every DAY. This is up from the 20 million stated for April of this year. This would explain why my personal minutes of use vary widely: with that many people on every day, you need ten more servers than you actually have. ALL the time. And now I know why my crops keep going bad. My back-of-the-envelope math tells me that is something like eleventy squillion people (give or take) on the Plus+ network at any point, raising puppies or ordering rehabilitated criminals or flinging followers around a planet.

TUAWCrazy usage stats from Ngmoco originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/06/17/crazy-usage-stats-from-ngmoco/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: