Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to set up speech and emoji on your iPhone  (Read 338 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 21, 2013, 11:01:08 pm »

How to set up speech and emoji on your iPhone

Your iPhone and iPad can speak aloud any text you can select. In this video, I’ll show you how to enable that feature, and how to type emoji symbols in your text, too.

Transcript

I’m going to show you a few quick fun things your iPhone or iPad can do to make text more interesting.

First, I’ll show you how you can make your iOS device read aloud any text you select. Fire up the Settings app, tap on General, scroll down to Accessibility, and then tap on Speak Selection. Turn it on, and then, if you’d like, you can play with different accents and speech speed. A good Australian accent always makes me say “crikey,” so I can’t resist.

Now, go into any app where you can type or select text. I’ll use the Notes app here. Select the text you’re interested in hearing by tapping and holding, and then tap the new Speak button that appears. Instantly, your iPhone begins reading the text you selected—in your chosen accent, if applicable.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2028713/how-to-set-up-speech-and-emoji-on-your-iphone.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: