Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bugs & Fixes: Fixing Apple TV lost network connections  (Read 372 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 26, 2013, 03:01:04 pm »

Bugs & Fixes: Fixing Apple TV lost network connections

Occasionally, my 1080p Apple TV (ATV) loses interest in connecting to my local network. More specifically, if I go to the Network setting I find no IP address listed. That’s right. The IP address listing is empty. There isn’t even an invalid self-assigned (169.x.x.x) address. Not surprisingly, when this vanishing act occurs, the ATV can no longer access my iTunes Library or any of the ATV’s Internet-based services.

The Apple TV is hooked up to my network via a wired (Ethernet) connection. I had thought this would make for a more reliable connection. Apparently, not in this case.

Some quick diagnostic checks determined that the source of the problem was almost certainly the ATV itself. All the other networked devices—whether connected by Wi-Fi or Ethernet—were functioning as expected. My AirPort Base Station and Internet modem both showed all-systems-go. Even my second ATV, connected to another television, was working just fine.

Even the now troublesome Apple TV had been working for over a year without incident. The network loss popped up only in the last month or two. This made me wonder if the cause might be a bug in a recent ATV firmware update.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2036389/bugs-and-fixes-fixing-apple-tv-lost-network-connections.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: