Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Mac Pro: Hands on, and what you need to know  (Read 401 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 11, 2013, 07:01:07 pm »

The new Mac Pro: Hands on, and what you need to know

What better place than a room full of developers—people accustomed to harnessing as much computing power as they can get their hands on—to unveil a brand new Mac Pro? And so that’s just what Apple did on Monday, devoting a large portion of the 2013 WWDC keynote to a product we’ve long been hoping for—and even predicting. It’s a new Mac Pro, not at all like the old Mac Pro, and it’s coming later this year.

Jason SnellThe new Mac Pro on display at WWDC 2013.

I got a chance to get my hands on one, albeit briefly, on Monday afternoon. It’s a gorgeous piece of hardware, though it does somewhat resemble the wastebasket I have in my bedroom. The new Mac Pro is a black cylinder dense with high technology, from powerful Intel workstation-grade processors to two shockingly fast graphics cards to an array of expansion ports.

It was a stunning debut for a product that’s unlike any computer you’ve ever seen. But that surprising design comes with many changes compared to the current Mac Pro. Here’s a rundown of the biggest questions that Macworld editors have heard about the new Mac Pro, along with the answers that my colleagues and I know so far.—Jason Snell
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2041329/the-new-mac-pro-hands-on-and-what-you-need-to-know.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: