Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting started with Safari  (Read 369 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 13, 2013, 03:01:26 pm »

Getting started with Safari

Throughout these lessons I’ve casually thrown around such phrases as “launch Safari” and “when you do this, Safari will open and take you to….” And I’ve felt reasonably confident in doing so because, after all, if you’re currently sitting in front of a Mac there’s a very good chance that you’re reading these words within Apple’s Web browser.

Still, that doesn’t mean that we can skip over Safari, particularly given how much time you’ll spend with it. So on to Safari we shall go. In this lesson I’ll examine Safari’s major interface elements.
The view from above
When you first launch Safari, it takes you to Apple’s home page. You’re welcome to leave it as the page you’ll always see when you launch the browser, but you can change that setting. I’ll show you how to do that when we later talk about configuring Safari. For the time being, let’s take a tour.

At the top of the window you’ll see the name of the site you’re visiting. In this case, ‘Apple’ appears as the title. Below the title are the Back and Forward navigation buttons, the Share button, the search/address field, the Refresh button, and the Reader button. Below that is, by default, the Bookmarks Bar, which includes Reading List, Bookmarks, and Top Sites buttons in addition to buttons for any preconfigured sites or folders; by default, these items include Apple, iCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, and Yahoo links as well as News and Popular folders. (Folders are identified by the downward-pointing triangle next to the name, which hints that when you click such an item, a list of associated bookmarks appears below.)
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2041525/getting-started-with-safari.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: