Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Mac Pro: What we wanted, what we're actually getting  (Read 351 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 17, 2013, 03:01:22 pm »

The new Mac Pro: What we wanted, what we're actually getting

Back in March, I opined about the next generation of the Mac Pro, explaining both what I hoped for and what I actually expected. First, I was hoping for a new Mac that fell somewhere in between the current Mac mini and Mac Pro—a moderately expandable, more-affordable minitower that was still powerful. Second, I thought that Apple might not only make such a machine, but make it the new Mac Pro:

What if that Mac minitower isn’t just a new Mac Pro, but the new Mac Pro? It sounds crazy, but thanks to both technological advances and shifts in the pro market, Apple could conceivably offer a “pro” minitower and drop the full-size Mac Pro completely. I wouldn’t bet my paycheck on such a move, but for the first time, the technology is there—and Apple has a penchant for making bold, “We know better than you, trust us” moves.

Not unexpectedly, that article generated quite a bit of feedback, including a number of people pointing out (correctly) that what I wanted and what some higher-end users wanted were not necessarily one and the same.

Last week, Apple gave us a sneak peek at the Mac Pro so many have been waiting for, and that preview was a stunner—both because of what the new computer will look like and because of the features it will (and won’t) have.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2042006/the-new-mac-pro-what-we-wanted-what-were-actually-getting.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: