Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How the iPhone has changed the way we shop  (Read 322 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 31, 2013, 03:01:18 pm »

How the iPhone has changed the way we shop

In the span of a few short years, I’ve learned that my iPhone, among its many virtues, can be a valuable ally in making an agonizing experience slightly less agonizing. Take shopping, for example.

At the risk of perpetuating a stereotype, I confess that I don’t love shopping. I hold no grudge against those who do; it’s just that the idea of wandering aimlessly through aisle after aisle or waiting in line at the till while others fumble with their wallets is not how I like to spend my spare time.

Even though frequent trips to some store or other cannot be avoided, I’ve noticed that having Apple’s handset with me has subtly changed the way I—and, I suspect, many others—shop.

Remember, remember…

One of the hardest aspects of shopping is remembering everything you wanted to buy, particularly when you’re dealing with a long list of mundane items (think weekly grocery shopping). Using pen and paper to keep track of the products you need to buyrequires patience and discipline, and often results in forgotten purchases and repeated trips to the store. Computers, on the other hand, are good at this task, which explains the plethora of apps dedicated to to-do and grocery lists in the App Store.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2045549/how-the-iphone-has-changed-the-way-we-shop.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: