Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New app for winos invites you to Drync up  (Read 351 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 14, 2013, 11:01:17 pm »

New app for winos invites you to Drync up

When I see an article online that I want to read, I use Evernote to bookmark it for later; when I see a muffin recipe I want to use, I pin it to my Pinterest page; and when I hear a song I really like, I use Shazam to find out who it is. Now, when I drink wine I like, I can snap a quick pic of the label and add it to a wish list of wines thanks to a new app appropriately called (and somewhat obnoxiously spelled) Drync.

Launching with an updated inventory and shipping list on Tuesday, the Drync app allows users to track, share, and buy wine directly from the app. Wine aficionados can buy almost any wine instantly by simply snapping a photo of the label. Drync’s fulfillment partners, who have over 30,000 wines available, will then ship your vintage to your door within 7 to 10 days.

The app can instantly identify over 1.7 million different wines, and can now ship to 41 different states. It's iOS only at the moment, but an Android version is in the works. Drync's image recognition feature not only works on wine bottle labels, but also reads pictures of wine labels in magazines or on computer screens, so you can tag a new bottle of vino from a store or the pages of your favorite glossy mag.

Thirsty users can check out directly from the app, as well as share wine-related activity on Facebook or Twitter. Wines can be added to a wishlist and rated; users can also add tasting notes to personal ratings. If a user comes across an unlisted wine, the app will allow them to submit the bottle for curation. Wines can also be searched by name or using a text search.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2046644/new-app-for-winos-invites-you-to-drync-up.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: