Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logic Pro X: The right tool for podcasters?  (Read 363 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 27, 2013, 03:01:23 pm »

Logic Pro X: The right tool for podcasters?

Earlier this year, I switched from GarageBand to Logic Pro 9 for editing podcasts. The result was a huge boost in productivity, even though I use only a tiny fraction of the functionality in Apple’s higher-end audio program. When Logic Pro X arrived, I was intrigued to read about its new features, but wasn't sure they'd matter to me because they seemed to be (understandably) focused on music creation. Would a crazy person like me, who has adopted this music tool for the non-musical business of producing spoken-word audio, benefit from upgrading to Logic Pro X?

After editing several hours of podcasts with Logic Pro X, the answer is a qualified yes. Logic Pro X’s improved interface is easier to use than its predecessor's, and makes it much easier for novice users to discover the program’s many complex features. It’s not so much that Logic Pro X has a lot of features that Logic Pro 9 didn’t, but that it exposes those features more consistently and more logically.

The biggest change in Logic Pro X is that the menu bar now makes sense. Here’s what the Menu Bar in my copy of Logic Pro 9 looks like:

Logic Pro 9 menu bar.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2047106/logic-pro-x-the-right-tool-for-podcasters-.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: