Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Up and running with Photo Stream  (Read 501 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 29, 2013, 03:01:21 pm »

Up and running with Photo Stream

In our long look at iPhoto, we’ve covered the interface basics, along with importing and viewing images. During those two lessons I took pains to do little more than mention Photo Stream as an option for viewing images. I avoided getting into the details, but now it’s time to dive in.

Your photos: Here, there, and everywhere

Photo Stream is a component of Apple’s iCloud service. We can safely classify it as part of iCloud’s syncing services. The general idea is pretty simple. Once you’ve signed up for an iCloud account and configured it properly, you can sync any images on a device associated with your Apple ID with other devices that use that same ID. So, for example, if you’ve taken a picture with your iPhone, that picture can also appear on your iPad, your Apple TV, and (within iPhoto) your Mac. And it will do so without your having to select the image, tap a Share button, and choose to share it. It just happens in the background.

This sounds simple enough. The potentially confusing part involves configuring it properly. Let’s see how to do that on all your devices.

Setting up Photo Stream on your Mac

You begin by launching System Preferences (under the Apple menu) and selecting the iCloud preference. If you haven’t signed in to your iCloud account, do so now. (If you haven’t obtained an Apple ID, what are you waiting for? Click the link to do that.) In this window, enable the Photo Stream option. Then click the Options button that appears to its right, enable My Photo Stream and Shared Photo Streams, and click OK.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2047670/up-and-running-with-photo-stream.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: