Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monoprice Glass Panel Pro review: Affordable alternative to Apple display  (Read 384 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 26, 2013, 11:01:20 am »

Monoprice Glass Panel Pro review: Affordable alternative to Apple display

The 27-inch IPS-Glass Panel Pro LED Monitor isn't the first Monoprice IPS monitor that I've looked at, but it's the first that doesn't feel like a compromise between price and features.

The screen itself has never been the issue. Monoprice uses high quality IPS panels from LG along with efficient LED backlights. The first display I looked at, Monoprice's 27-inch IPS LED CrystalPro Monitor, had a wobbly stand, inexpensive-looking case design, and two of the seven menu buttons on the display didn't do anything. The second Monoprice display, the 27-inch IPS Zero-G Slim, had a better stand, but the buttons were on the back of the display with no labels on the front. Using the menus required me to crane my head around the back to locate the proper button then come back to the front to see the onscreen menus and then back to the rear to find the up or down button. More concerning, the Zero-G Slim only offered dual-link DVI and VGA connections.

The 27-inch IPS-Glass Panel Pro LED Monitor, however, has clearly marked buttons (that all work!) conveniently located on the bottom edge of the case. The Pro LED monitor's stand lets you easily swivel the screen left to right and allows for a few degrees of tilt, but it does not offer height adjustment and the ability to pivot into portrait mode. The display provides DisplayPort and HDMI connections in addition to dual-link DVI and VGA connections. While some newer monitors are beginning to support DisplayPort 1.2's daisy-chaining capabilities, the Monoprice does not.

The Pro LED Monitor includes decent sounding speakers, though a pair of inexpensive desktop speakers would probably sound better.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2049042/monoprice-glass-panel-pro-review-affordable-alternative-to-apple-display.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: