Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hands-on with Capo 3 for Mac: Easily learn your favorite songs  (Read 309 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 07, 2013, 07:01:15 pm »

Hands-on with Capo 3 for Mac: Easily learn your favorite songs

I’m a huge fan of the $20 Capo app on the iPhone, which lets you easily learn songs from your iTunes library by slowing them down, changing the pitch, and more. But Capo didn’t originate on iOS—it's been a Mac app since 2009. And with SuperMegaUltraGroovy’s Monday release of Capo 3 for OS X, I figured I should finally give the Mac version a spin.

Same great interface, better tools

Capo for OS X has all the features I loved in iOS—voice reduction, speed and pitch modulation, and clean, easy-to-see song waveforms—with a ton of additional tweaks. Capo 3’s new addition is automatic chord detection: When you import a song, the application automatically maps out chords for your guitar, bass, mandolin, ukelele, or banjo; you can move the chord earlier or later in the song by dragging on it, and change it to a different variation or another chord entirely by double-clicking.

Capo 3's chord detection is fantastic, though you can always change the chord variation or the chord itself if you prefer a different sound.

Capo 2 for the Mac offered manual chord detection, but Capo 3’s implementation is nearly flawless—occasionally chords appeared a beat or two after I’d want to switch to them, but they were almost always the correct chord. For tablature lovers, Capo 2’s spectrogram returns, letting you draw on top of it to manually generate tabs.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2052192/hands-on-with-capo-3-for-mac-easily-learn-your-favorite-songs.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: