Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Launch Center Pro 2 review: iOS utility automates everyday app actions  (Read 366 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 17, 2013, 11:01:22 am »

Launch Center Pro 2 review: iOS utility automates everyday app actions

A few months ago, I noticed that the Phone app was gone from my iPhone’s home screen. I honestly do not remember moving it—one day, I simply relegated it to a folder, alongside several other pieces of Apple software that I rarely used. The problem wasn’t so much that I didn’t make many phone calls, but, rather, that the phone app was no longer the most convenient way to do so.

In its place, I instead installed Launch Center Pro (App Store Link), a $5 app developed by Contrast (formerly App Cubby). The app just received a major update to version 2.0; it requires iOS 7 and is compatible with all iPhone and iPod touch models that support Apple’s latest mobile operating system.

From app to action
Launch Center Pro is like a quick dialer for your apps.

On the surface, Launch Center is, essentially, a speed dialer for apps. Its working principles are similar to that of iOS’s home screen, except that, instead of launching an app when you tap an icon, you perform a particular action.

For example, instead of just “opening Safari,” which is what you would normally do by tapping the app’s icon on the home screen, you can open Safari and navigate to the Macworld homepage, all with a single pre-programmed tap.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2054437/launch-center-pro-2-review-ios-utility-automates-everyday-app-actions.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: