Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travel tips: what you can't leave behind  (Read 619 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 20, 2013, 11:01:16 am »

Travel tips: what you can't leave behind

Whether you travel all the time or just for holidays, you know what an ordeal it can be to make sure that you have all the tech gadgets—and their accessories—that you need on your trip. You may want to have a full complement of hardware with you on the road, or you may want to bring as little as possible.

I remember preparing for one trip by taking all the tech devices I thought I wanted to bring with me and spreading them out on a table. I then added all the accessories that went with those gadgets: chargers, cables, storage devices, and so on. The size of the pile was surprising. So I started pruning, to get to only the gadgets I really need with me. It’s a ritual I still go through before trips. Here’s how I do it.

Hello wheat, goodbye chaff

The first question to have to ask yourself is: Do I really need all of these gadgets? If you’re driving, carrying all kinds of stuff isn’t really a problem, so you don’t need to limit yourself. But if you’re traveling by air or rail, you have to prioritize.

You need to be careful in large part because each gadget (a) takes up room in your bag(s) and (b) weighs you down as you make your way through terminals and down aisles.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2063399/travel-tips-what-you-cant-leave-behind.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: