Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tote around your iTunes library and more on iBooks  (Read 400 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 01, 2013, 11:01:21 am »

Tote around your iTunes library and more on iBooks

Following my last column, which focused on the new iBooks app, I’ve gotten several more questions about iBooks, and I answer two of them here. I also look at a tricky question about moving the contents of an iTunes library back and forth between two Macs, and answer a question about a smart playlist with nested conditions.

Q: When I updated to Mavericks and my books were transferred out of iTunes, some of my digital booklets (album liner notes) made the trip to iBooks and some didn’t. I was able to drag them out of iTunes to iBooks, but not vice-versa. Newly purchased digital booklets stay in iTunes unless I move them. Is there any rhyme or reason to this behavior? Is there a way to get them back into iTunes if I want them there?

It should depend on whether they were in your Books library or your Music library. In my case, those in the Music library—which is where they go when you buy them through iTunes—stayed in iTunes.

You can add yours back to iTunes. Drag them from iBooks to a folder, or to your desktop, then drag them to iTunes. After you do this, select them all, press Command-I, click the Options tab, and make sure the Media Kind is Music.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2066039/tote-around-your-itunes-library-and-more-on-ibooks.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: