Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Troubleshoot Apple's Touch ID fingerprint reader  (Read 417 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 12, 2013, 03:29:37 pm »

Troubleshoot Apple's Touch ID fingerprint reader

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
There’s been a lot of talk about Touch ID troubles in the news lately. Ars Technica’s Christina Bonnington wrote an excellent explainer about the iPhone 5s’s sensor itself, along with some typical issues users might run into over time, while engineer and pundit Dr. Drang wonders if your recorded fingerprint data might decay after a few months of misreads, given that the Touch ID sensor is continually trying to improve the information it has on your fingerprint.
</p>
<p>
Touch ID certainly isn’t perfect: As someone who’s been using it since I picked up my iPhone 5s on launch day, I’ve had my fair share of frustration—especially because I swapped out my simple 4-digit passcode with a multi-character alphanumeric version.
</p>
<p>
But despite its occasional malfunctions, Touch ID has become one of my favorite features on the iPhone. To make sure it stays one of yours, too, here are a few tips and tricks I’ve found to keep Touch ID working properly, as well as some advice about when you shouldn’t use it at all.
</p>
<h2>Start with a good scan</h2>
<p>
In the days after I first offered up my prints to Touch ID, I found myself wondering if my fingers simply weren’t cut out for this whole biometric scanning thing: I would frequently have to scan my thumb two or three times to get the phone to unlock. It usually got it by the third try, so I figured the problem was my inexperience with the new technology. But as the weeks wore on, I ended up having to manually type in my code half of the time—enough that I got fed up.
</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2070830/troubleshoot-apples-touch-id-fingerprint-reader.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Troubleshoot Apple's Touch ID fingerprint reader
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: