Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating ringtones with GarageBand  (Read 366 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 12, 2014, 02:00:18 pm »

Creating ringtones with GarageBand

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>When introducing you to GarageBand in our last lesson, I claimed that nonmusicians could find uses for Apple’s audio and music application. I can hardly blame some of you for responding with a hearty “Prove it, buddy.” And so I shall, by outlining how to craft a ringtone from one of your favorite tunes.</p>
<h2>Choosing a track</h2>
<p>Launch GarageBand. In the Project chooser select Ringtone and click the Choose button. The main GarageBand window will open. Inside you’ll find a single track called Audio 1. The Cycle button will be engaged, and the ruler will bear a yellow bar that stretches for 20 measures. (That yellow color denotes the length of the cycled section.) To the right, the Loops pane appears by default.</p>
<p>In the display (which currently shows bars, beats, divisions, and ticks), click the Note/Metronome icon and choose Time from the pop-up menu. Then drag on the right side of the yellow cycle bar so that it ends at 0:40. You do this because you can make ringtones no longer than 40 seconds; creating a cycle bar of that length shows you how much audio you have to work with.</p>
<figure class="medium right">choose time gb" width="300" height="155 <figcaption>
<p>Choose the ‘Time’ setting for GarageBand’s ruler.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2084920/creating-ringtones-with-garageband.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Creating ringtones with GarageBand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: