Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delete Mac partitions without losing data  (Read 361 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 25, 2014, 02:00:18 pm »

Delete Mac partitions without losing data

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
In a recent Mac 911 entry I explained how to turn two hard drive partitions into one. And while words are great, sometimes it’s more helpful to see something like this in action. And so was this week’s Macworld video conceived.</p><p>
  Note that in the video I state that you can't partition the drive you've booted from. This is incorrect. You can create an additional partition from the free space the drive holds. It's not cogent to this particular exercise but I regret the error.</p><h2>Transcript</h2>
<p>
I have a smallish hard drive here that I’ll split into two partitions. To do that I select the drive, click on the Partition tab, and choose 2 Partitions from the Partition Layout pop-up menu. To make sure I’ll be able to reclaim one of the partitions later I click on the Options button and ensure that either GUID or Apple Partition Map is selected and click OK. (I always choose GUID partition table as that’s the format that works with today’s Intel-based Macs.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2090021/delete-mac-partitions-without-losing-data.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Delete Mac partitions without losing data
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: