Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing Messages Theater: more screen-sharing alternatives  (Read 341 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 21, 2014, 02:00:15 pm »

Replacing Messages Theater: more screen-sharing alternatives

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Apple’s iChat had a wonderful feature called iChat Theater—also present in the Mountain Lion version of Messages, just without the “iChat” in its name—that let you share photos, PDFs, or Keynote presentations during a video chat. I used it countless times to give virtual presentations: An audience watching on a projection screen in a remote location could see video of me alongside my Keynote presentation, and I could see video of the audience plus a miniature view of my presentation (and anything else on my screen, such as my email or a Web browser).</p><p>
But then Theater disappeared in the Mavericks version of Messages.</p><p>
In a recent Mac 911 column, Chris Breen suggested a couple of workarounds. I’d like to share a few more, and add my own take on one of Chris’s suggestions.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2144802/replacing-messages-theater-more-screen-sharing-alternatives.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Replacing Messages Theater: more screen-sharing alternatives
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: